Bennetts Insurance
Yam-XT.com Forum Index
Yam-XT.com
Yamaha XT660 Forum

AlbumAlbum  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems logging in? Send an Email to Admin@Yam-XT.com stating your username and any error message that you get. Thanks

Raising the XT

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mele

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 20:41 pm    Post subject: Raising the XT Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

I saw a raiser for the back on off.the.road.de the other day which lifts the back end 3 cm. Does anyone know if it is also possible to lift the front? I'm 1.93 m and would love to sit a couple of inches higher. Cheers.
Lady P
Likes It Pink
Likes It Pink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 20:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello mele and welcome, I know someone has lowered the XT but at the moment he is not on the forum as he does like to tinker...

As soon as I can I will send him an email and ask him to post the details of how he lowered his XT. As the way I see it is, if you can lower it you can raise it....

Manami Akimoto
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
buck
PW-50 Rider
PW-50 Rider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 21:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Raising the XT Reply with quote

mele wrote:
Hello everyone!

I saw a raiser for the back on off.the.road.de the other day which lifts the back end 3 cm. Does anyone know if it is also possible to lift the front? I'm 1.93 m and would love to sit a couple of inches higher. Cheers.

The only way i know how to raise the front is 1st gear lots of revs,the front comes up nicely. Wink
Thumper
Spam Queen
Spam Queen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 21:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Green
malcytull
PW-50 Rider
PW-50 Rider

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way I can see to raise the front would be stiffer springs or put a short ie 3" piece of tube on top of your current springs, I lowered the back of mine using longer bones cos I'm a short a*s.
madcow

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 19:26 pm    Post subject: lifting the front ! Reply with quote

Not sure there's an easy answer to this one, have made extended fork tops before but never liked em ( they were for Ha***y riders- not known for jumping bridges etc) the only way is to make a stepped top yoke to lower the forks.
mele

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice. I will first put in some new aftermarket springs in the front fork and see how that goes. I think that could make some difference because when I sit on the bike the front fork goes in quite a bit compared to it standing on its side standard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Yam-XT.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: