Bennetts Insurance
Yam-XT.com Forum Index
Yam-XT.com
Yamaha XT660 Forum

AlbumAlbum  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems logging in? Send an Email to Admin@Yam-XT.com stating your username and any error message that you get. Thanks

Welsh Rideout - Spring 2007?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
black dog
XT-550 Rider
XT-550 Rider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 13:29 pm    Post subject: Welsh Rideout - Spring 2007? Reply with quote

Anyone on this forum from Wales/Bristol/Bath area? With all the sh*tty weather we have been having lately, this isn't the time for a Wales Rideout, but I'd be up for one when the sun returns - or at least when you can ride without Arctic thermals and bin liners over your important bits.

A couple of thoughts, keeping distances reasonable -

** For South Wales/Bristol area: Haverfordwest (where I live) to Bristol along the M4 is about 120-130 miles, with Swansea/Cardiff and Welsh Valleys area about half-way. Anybody know of any good roads or biker-friendly pubs/eateries around there?

** For North, Mid and South Wales: the mountains of Mid-Wales are about two hours or less from most places in Wales. Plenty of amazing riding, I'm sure, and they do have pubs there, cos I've seen them. Anyone any personal experiences? Remember, I haven't had a bike for a good number of years, so my knowledge of these things won't exactly be up-to-date.

If something were to come together in the Spring, I would be willing to organise it. Rideouts would of course be open to anyone from the forum if they wished to make the journey, but some parts of Wales are a long way from anywhere (even other parts of Wales) and a run based in Wales may well be further than many people from England would be prepared to travel. Unless of course you factor a B&B into the equation Twisted Evil ... As long as we had enough to make it fun.

If anyone's up for this, tag on to this thread with your home location, and we'll take it up again when the wind and the rain have lessened a bit. Realistically, March or April time?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Yam-XT.com Forum Index -> Rideouts All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: